Taking proper care of your extensions will not only improve the condition of your natural hair but also extend the life of your extensions. It is important to use professional salon quality products on Hand-Tied hair extensions.
Along with the right products, here are some helpful tips on hair care:
- Use the Wet Brush to detangle before washing, make sure to start at the ends of the hair and gently work your way up to the scalp
- When shampooing, it is not necessary to shampoo the extension hair. The extension hair does not get oily like the natural hair so shampoo sparingly through the ends of the extensions to prevent them from drying out.
- Alternate a daily conditioner and a deep conditioner to keep the extensions soft and healthy
- If possible, try not to wash every day
- Always use a leave-in conditioner after you have washed your hair. Mix the leave-in with a serum to help replenish the oils in the extensions. Use the Wet Brush,starting with the ends first, to evenly distribute the product
- Never sleep on wet or damp hair. This can cause matting and ruin the extension hair.
- Using a silk pillow case and putting your hair in a loose braid at bedtime can prevent overnight tangles
- Never use a hot tool, such as a flat iron or curling iron, on damp hair. Even if the hair is only slightly damp, this can cause irreparable damage to your natural hair and the extensions. Also try not to use hot tools over hair that has hairspray in it.
- Swimming in salt water or chlorinated water can damage your extension hair. Try to wet hair with a water and conditioner mixture and putting in a braid before swimming
- Avoid wearing tight ponytails, this just adds extra stress to the track which can cause damage to your real hair.